Thursday, February 23, 2012

Alpha Chi at Work: Caitlin Taylor

Read all about Caitlin Taylor's internship with Victoria Secret!

It was an ordinary night during the week of Recruitment when I saw an e-mail from our chapter president with a subject line that read “Victoria’s Secret Internship”. I opened the e-mail, and within the first few seconds of reading I knew that I wanted to apply. The internship involved promoting the Victoria’s Secret brand around campus while gathering valuable Public Relations and Marketing experience. I couldn’t be more excited. That night I wrote out a cover letter, updated my resume and sent it all off with a lot of hope that I would be selected. It would only be two days later that I would find out that I had been chosen as a part of a group of girls for the position.

Working with Victoria’s Secret has been one of the most fun things I have done at University of Oregon. It’s a lot of work, but it’s also a ton of fun! The girls I work with are upbeat, enthusiastic and passionate about what we do.

One of the best parts about being apart of the team is being able to get my sisters involved too. Alpha Chi is one of the most important things in my life and every time Victoria’s Secret has a campus event I know I can count on my sisters to support me and show up. As much fun as it is to meet new people through my internship its also comforting knowing that my sisters will always be they’re for me.

That’s one of the things I love the most about AXO: the support. These girls are my sisters for life and whether supporting me at my internship of just sitting on the couch talking for hours upon hours with them, I wouldn’t trade any of it.

 What an exciting internship! I had the pleasure of seeing Caitlin out an about during Greek Week this fall promoting Victoria Secret, and she did an absolutely fantastic job convincing me that there is nothing better than Victoria secret. Not that I needed any convincing. But the real lingering question here is whether she got any free Victoria Secret merchandise from her position...If so, I bet the entire sorority community will be after her job next year!

LITB,

Chrissy

No comments:

Post a Comment