Sunday, February 26, 2012

Alpha Kappa Newsletter

Read about Alpha Kappa's different newsletters which work to promote communication in within our house and with our families curteousy of Caitlin Taylor!

As VP of PR/Marketing for Alpha Chi, one of my main goals is to improve our
Communication as a house. This term we have been able to start working on that and I have implemented two small things that, I think, will really help our house.

The first is something called “Alpha Kappa Stall News”. It’s something that I learned about at our exec training in January. Basically it is a silly newsletter that goes in each stall of the bathroom. It has important dates; the birthday’s of the Live-Ins, inspiring quotes, pictures from the past month and a small feature on a girl in the house. For February, I did a feature on a sophomore, Riley Bozich, since she was the Derby Darling for Sigma Chi’s philanthropy that happened during that month: Derby Days. Even though it is supposed to be a lighthearted way to provide amusement, I have found that it is also beneficial to remind girls of important things happening in the house!

The second thing that I have been working on is a parent newsletter! Sometimes we get so busy that we forget to tell our parents what we are up to, and so I hope the newsletter will act as a snapshot into the life of Alpha Chi! It is still a work in progress but I hope to send the first one out sometime next month and then have it come out on more of a regular schedule! It’s something I’m very excited about because I know how much my parents support me and want to hear about what I am doing at school! This will offer them a way to see what’s happening and to see what AXO is all about. After all, we’re more than JUST a sorority! We are a group of women who work hard for our school, for each other and our community!

I absolutely love reading all of these newsletters, and I appreciate all the hard work Caitlin has put in to making this possible! Can't wait for more of these to come!

LITB,

Chrissy Hardesty

No comments:

Post a Comment