Monday, February 13, 2012

New Member Education

Read all about how Alpha Chi educates our new members from your very own VP New Member Education, Morgan White!

Alpha Chi Omega is very interested in remembering where it came from, and passing along this history to the new members that come to us every year. We stress this importance and have weekly meetings to enforce the significance of our history and traditional ritual. As Vice President of New Member Education, I am responsible for every new member that comes through our door. I make the experience a fun one, full of sisterhood bonding events to get to know one another and making our new members feel at home in a house of over one hundred and fifty girls. I stress the importance of learning our ritual, and our five standards that all Alpha Chi Omega’s strive to live by. It is such an easy and fun process, getting to know one another and forming life long friendships. Also at our new member meetings, we go over other house duties and obligations that any of our new members might have questions or concerns about. It is their time to really get to know and become involved in the sorority. My goal is to make this process as smooth as it can be, and make sure that every new member is receiving the full experience that is Alpha Chi Omega.

I remember when I was a freshman in the house that these new member meetings were the most informative hours spent in the living room in Alpha Chi. We learned about everything from ritual to how to ask out that cute boy in your business class to spring formal. I was able to bond with my new sisters, and I am so glad that I had those hours from exec that were completely devoted to educating the new members.

Thank you, Morgan, for the wonderful job that you are doing with the new freshmen pledge class!

LITB,

Chrissy Hardesty

No comments:

Post a Comment