Friday, March 2, 2012

Alpha Chi Omega Leadership Convention

Read all about President Annie and VP CRS Sam's time at the national Alpha Chi Leadership Convention!

The New Year has already help many exciting things for Alpha Kappa. Early in the term, Annie and I were able to go the Leadership Convention in Indianapolis, Indiana where we would meet with other presidents and Chapter Relations and Standards from all over the country. It was truly an eye opening experience to how grateful I am to my chapter here at the University of Oregon. In our small groups, I found myself being able to speak up about not only of efficient ways our house handles situations but also that I was able to give solutions to other chapters problems because of the past exec board’s training and the preparation we had been given in our new positions.
We are one of the chapters who cares the most. Not necessarily about winning every single philanthropy event, or being the “hottest” on campus (even though we definitely work it ;)), but that we care the most about each other. I can say with all my heart that there is not a girl in this house that would not look at a fellow member and not as least see a fellow sister. There is a sense of unity in our house that not only do other chapters lack, but that other chapters cannot revitalize. We have that spark that has kept us sane thus far and that bit of logic in the back of our minds reminding us that what goes on in “sorority life” isn’t always real life.  But the people that we are becoming together, the bonds we are constructing and rebuilding are the realest things we will ever experience. The convention was a wonderful experience and I received a lot of insight and training on dealing with sticky situations and dealing with the overall stress of my position, but definitely the most rewarding thing was being able to sit down with over 200 other chapters and tell them how proud I am to be a part of Alpha Kappa chapter.
I am so proud to say that I had two amazing women representing Alpha Chi at Leadership Convention! Thank you both for all the hard work that you do!
LITB,
Chrissy Hardesty


No comments:

Post a Comment